JOIN THE CHAMBER
The Washington County Chamber of Commerce has been serving the business community since 1911 to encourage the growth of existing businesses and industries, provide assistance to new firms or individuals and to advocate legislative and political actions beneficial to the business or general community. Our members have access to innovative programs and offerings that provide opportunities that will ensure their continued business growth and expansion. With more than 1,100 members, we create opportunities through exclusive networking events, economic development initiatives, tourism promotions and business advocacy.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
The Chamber is known for our exclusive events, where members receive the opportunity to network, make business contacts and gain access to industry leaders. Our networking opportunities include:
Monthly Breakfast Briefings
Member Invitational Golf Outing
Sporting Clays Tournament
Washington County ATHENA Award
Washington County: State of the Economy
The Washington County Chamber of Chamber leads a dynamic public/private partnership that focuses on county-wide business growth and expansion. The Chamber assists companies with these growth initiatives:
- Site Selection – The Chamber works with companies to identify sites for their business expansion needs.
- Financing – Through the Chamber’s access, we provide local and state economic development programs to businesses expanding or locating in Washington County.
- Incentive Assistance – The Chamber will assist companies to identify programs offered through the Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development for tax credits, tax abatements and work force initiatives.
- Success – Since 1999, The Chamber has attracted over $1.0 billion in public/private investments to the county.
When you represent 1,100 businesses, you have the ability to make things happen. The Washington County Chamber of Commerce uses this support to encourage actions and policies that increase opportunities for our members and expand our economy. Through our advocacy initiatives, we were:
- The first chamber in the Greater Pittsburgh Region to publicly support the Marcellus Shale Industry.
- The first chamber to publicly support and advocate gaming in Washington County.
- A founding member of the Pennsylvania Energy Infrastructure Alliance.
Tourism in Washington County is a $600 million a year business, employs thousands of people and is one of the largest industries in the county. To further our members’ opportunities to access this important market, the Washington County Chamber of Commerce and Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency formed a dynamic partnership to combine the resources of our organizations to increase tourism and economic development growth. Our focus is to coordinate messaging, increase business growth and demonstrate the opportunities of Washington County to the world.
Promote Your Business
Customized Advertising & Sponsorships: Members promote their products or services at well-attended Chamber functions, professional seminars and networking events. Through any one of our customized advertising or sponsorship packages, members can be certain their message will have an impact. Members that frequently advertise with the Chamber receive special pricing for multiple events.