EQT WASHINGTON & GREENE COUNTIES'
COVERED BRIDGE FESTIVAL
SEPTEMBER 17-18, 2022
Ebenezer Bridge Site | Mingo Creek County Park | Festival Hours 10am-5pm
The Vendor Application for the Ebenezer Bridge site is now closed. Contact the Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency for space availability at (724) 225-3010.
The EQT Washington & Greene Counties’ Covered Bridge Festival (CBF) is held the third weekend of September each year at eight separate covered bridge sites in Washington County and two in Greene County. This CBF will adhere to pandemic mitigation efforts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Pennsylvania Department of Health at the time of festival, and any further advisories will be released accordingly.
Coordinated by the Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency (WCTPA), the Ebenezer Covered Bridge location is the largest of the 10 sites, hosting more than 100 craft vendors and 20 food vendors from throughout the region. The CBF is promoted through an extensive marketing campaign including digital, print, radio and television advertisements, brochures, website, social media, and direct mail to thousands of attendees. It draws record-breaking crowds, is a much anticipated event for both patrons and participants, and is a signature arts and crafts festival in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
This application is exclusively for craft vendor participation at the Ebenezer Covered Bridge site in Mingo Creek County Park. Upon acceptance, craft vendors will be held to the guidelines listed in this application. Please read all details below carefully and retain a copy for your records. If you have any questions, please contact Dana Bucci at 724.225.3010, toll-free 1.866.927.4969, or email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your interest in participating in this event.
CRAFT VENDOR GUIDELINES & CONDITIONSBack to Top of List
- All items must be hand-crafted, original, and of high quality designed by the vendor. Only categories listed on the accompanying application may be sold. No buy/sell, commercially-produced merchandise will be accepted. When it is necessary to use such materials to complete the work, those components must be subordinate to the finished product & cannot be sold separately.
- Vendors must provide shelter for their designated space along with set-up materials (tents, tables, chairs, etc.). White tents are required of craft vendors. In the case of inclement weather, only clear plastic coverings will be permitted as part of an exhibit or shelter during public hours. Tents must be clean and secured in a proper manner to prevent any risks to CBF patrons.
- Electricity is not available for craft vendors.
- The vendor who designs the work and is principal of the business must be present, unless written permission is granted. Business cards are recommended to be on display to best fulfill customer service.
- No more than two vendors may share a space, and pre-approval is required. Vendors may not display or sell another vendor’s merchandise and may not submit an application under an assumed name.
- Vendors must be at least 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult, and must conduct themselves at all times in a professional and courteous manner.
- Exhibit booths must be open and staffed each day between 10am-5pm.
- Applicable vendors must collect 6% PA Sales Tax and remit a sales tax license number (www.revenue.state.pa.us for details) at least 30 days prior to the CBF. Vendors are responsible for obtaining and maintaining in full force for the duration of the CBF all necessary federal, state or municipal permits, licenses, certificates or approvals, and are responsible for proper collection and reporting of any federal, state or municipal sales or use taxes and must comply with municipal laws, ordinances and regulations.
- Vendors must carry General Liability Insurance at a minimum of $300,000.00 and name the WCTPA as “Additional Insured” during September 16-18, 2022 (which includes set-up day). Short-term event policies are available from select agents for those that do not have annual coverage. Insurance of vendor, booth and items are the sole responsibility of the vendor. Proof of insurance for new vendors will be due after acceptance is determined.
- Pets and alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the CBF grounds.
- All fees must be paid in advance. Post-dated checks will not be accepted.
- Craft vendors found in violation of any of these guidelines may be may be asked to leave the CBF and jeopardize its ability to participate in future WCTPA events. Refunds will not be granted under such circumstances.
SPACE & PARKING ASSIGNMENTSBack to Top of List
- Each craft space is 10’ x 10’ (with allowance for tent stakes). Double spaces may be requested and considered where available.
- All space assignments are based on the prior year, unless layout changes occur or are otherwise requested. Ultimately, space assignments are at the discretion of the WCTPA.
- Designated vendor parking is provided. Preferred Parking in a paved lot across the Ebenezer Covered Bridge may be purchased on a first-come, first-served basis. Only one parking permit is allotted per craft space and will be issued upon entry.
NOTICESBack to Top of List
- For returning vendors, your cancelled check may serve as notification of acceptance.
- For new applicants, notice of acceptance will be mailed/emailed within one month of receipt of application; fees will be returned to those not accepted.
- Applications will be considered until the show is filled, however, spaces will not be saved nor assumed that any vendor is returning.
- Space assignments will be mailed within one month of the CBF.
- Set-up will be held September 16 and early September 17.
- A rain date is not offered. Please bring appropriate cover.
HOW TO APPLYBack to Top of List
- Complete the accompanying online application.
- Please mail a separate check or money order made payable to the Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency for each 10’ x 10’ Craft Space and Optional Preferred Parking Fee to the WCTPA, 375 Southpointe Blvd., Suite 240, Canonsburg, PA 15317. All checks returned for non-sufficient funds will be assessed a $35.00 service fee for each check. Refunds will not be granted for any reason after August 15, 2022.
- New applicants must upload at least three photos of finished craft items, photos of work in progress/unfinished work in each craft category, at least one photo of items displayed in booth, photo of shelter, and provide specific details of any items not handmade for jurying purposes.
Contact the Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency for space availability at (724) 225-3010.