EQT WASHINGTON & GREENE COUNTIES'
COVERED BRIDGE FESTIVAL
SEPTEMBER 17-18, 2022
Ebenezer Bridge Site | Mingo Creek County Park | Festival Hours 10am-5pm
FOOD & BEVERAGE VENDORS
The EQT Washington & Greene Counties’ Covered Bridge Festival (CBF) is held the third weekend of September this year at eight separate covered bridge sites in Washington County and two in Greene County. This CBF will adhere to pandemic mitigation efforts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Pennsylvania Department of Health at the time of festival, and any further advisories will be released accordingly.
Coordinated by the Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency (WCTPA), the Ebenezer Covered Bridge location is the largest of the 10 sites, hosting more than 100 craft vendors and 20 food vendors from throughout the region. The CBF is promoted through an extensive marketing campaign including digital, print, radio and television advertisements, brochures, website, social media, and direct mail to thousands of attendees. It draws record-breaking crowds, is a much anticipated event for both patrons and participants, and is a signature arts and crafts festival in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
This application is exclusively for food and beverage (F&B) vendor participation at the Ebenezer Covered Bridge site in Mingo Creek County Park. Upon acceptance, F&B vendors will be held to the guidelines listed in this application and the obligations set forth in the F&B Safety Certification Requirements. Please read all details below carefully and retain a copy for your records. If you have any questions, please contact Dana Bucci at 724.225.3010, toll-free 1.866.927.4969, or firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your interest in participating in this event.
FOOD & BEVERAGE VENDOR GUIDELINES & CONDITIONSBack to Top of List
- All menu items must be listed on the application. Written approval of menu items will be provided to accepted F&B vendors prior to the CBF. Primary items will not be duplicated, and the number of items sold by each F&B vendor is limited to three primary and three secondary food items, plus beverages. Additional charges may apply for extra menu items.
- Only one five-amp outlet will be guaranteed; F&B vendors must supply their own equipment if additional electricity is necessary. Generators must be silent. F&B vendors will be asked to leave the CBF if found to be tampering with Mingo Park electricity.
- F&B vendors must provide shelter for their designated space along with set-up materials (tents, tables, chairs, etc.). White tents are required of Pre-Packaged/Take-Home F&B Vendors. In the case of inclement weather, only clear plastic coverings will be permitted as part of an exhibit or shelter during public hours. Tents must be clean and secured in a proper manner to prevent any risks to CBF patrons.
- The entire F&B vendor space must be kept clean, safe and in sanitary condition. All equipment (cooking utensils, electrical cords/outlets, grills, microwaves, trailers, etc.) must be maintained by the F&B vendor in a safe & workmanlike manner and must comply with all local, county, state and federal regulations and standards regarding the preparation, preservation and service of food & beverage, including but not limited to the PA Dept of Agriculture, health department and fire code regulations. All necessary permits and licenses are required prior to the CBF and must be posted in your booth at all times. The CBF requires a Food Safety Manager Certification for the vendor in charge. See the F&B Safety Certification Requirements for additional information. Additionally, each F&B vendor is responsible for grease stain prevention & removal. A $100.00 refundable maintenance fee is required of all “made-on-site” F&B vendors which will be refunded by September 30, 2022 if those measures are taken. All trash must be disposed of by F&B vendor in designated dumpsters.
- The F&B vendor who is principal of the business must be present, unless written permission is granted.
- F&B vendors must be at least 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult, and must conduct themselves at all times in a professional and courteous manner.
- Concession stands must be open and staffed each day between 10am-5pm. Inventory must be well-stocked for anticipated attendance.
- Applicable F&B vendors must collect 6% PA Sales Tax and must remit a sales tax license number (www.revenue.state.pa.us for details) at least 30 days prior to the CBF. F&B vendors are responsible for obtaining and maintaining in full force for the duration of the CBF all necessary federal, state or municipal permits, licenses, certificates or approvals, and are responsible for proper collection and reporting of any federal, state or municipal sales or use taxes and must comply with municipal laws, ordinances and regulations.
- F&B vendors must carry General Liability Insurance at a minimum of $300,000.00 and name the WCTPA as “Additional Insured” during September 16-18, 2022 (which includes set-up day). Short-term event policies are available from select agents for those that do not have annual coverage. Insurance of F&B vendor, booth and items are the sole responsibility of the F&B vendor. Proof of insurance for new F&B vendors will be due after acceptance is determined.
- Pets and alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the CBF grounds.
- All fees must be paid in advance. Post-dated checks will not be accepted.
- F&B Vendors found in violation of any of these guidelines or the F&B Safety Certification Requirements may be asked to leave the CBF and may jeopardize its ability to participate in future WCTPA events. Refunds will not be granted under such circumstances.
SPACE & PARKING ASSIGNMENTSBack to Top of List
- All space assignments are based on the prior year, unless layout changes occur or are otherwise requested. Ultimately, space assignments are at the discretion of the WCTPA and cannot be guaranteed.
- Additional space may be discounted to businesses under the same name as listed on the application, with food produced solely by representatives of that business. Any booth signage should reflect same business name as listed on application.
- Designated vendor parking is provided. Vehicles are not permitted to park near booths without prior written permission. Preferred Parking in a paved lot across the Ebenezer Covered Bridge may be purchased on a first-come, first-served basis. Only one parking permit is allotted per space and will be issued upon entry.
NOTICESBack to Top of List
- For returning vendors, your cancelled check may serve as notification of acceptance.
- For new applicants, notice of acceptance will be mailed/emailed when possible; fees will be returned to those not accepted.
- Applications will be considered until the show is filled, however, spaces will not be saved nor assumed that any vendor is returning.
- Space assignments will be mailed within one month of the CBF.
- Set-up will be held September 16 and early September 17.
- A rain date is not offered. Please bring appropriate cover.
HOW TO APPLYBack to Top of List
- Complete the accompanying online application.
- Please mail a separate check or money order made payable to the Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency for each Space Fee, Applicable Refundable Maintenance Fee, and Optional Preferred Parking Fee to the WCTPA, 375 Southpointe Blvd., Suite 240, Canonsburg, PA 15317. All checks returned for non-sufficient funds will be assessed a $35.00 service fee for each check. Refunds will not be granted for any reason after August 15, 2022.
- New applicants must upload at least three photos including shelter and food for jurying purposes.