Are you an adrenaline junkie and love finding the scariest haunt around each Halloween season? Look no further than the annual West Alexander Scare Fair that takes place every Friday and Saturday in October at the West Alexander Agricultural Fairgrounds. Doors open at 7:00PM and close at 11:00PM (ticket sales end at 10:00PM). General adult admission is $18, kids 18 and under is $12, and repeat trips on the same night are only $5!
With improvements each year, the event committee prides themselves on offering a uniquely terrifying experience for all visitors brave enough to enter the attraction. Additionally, visitors can enjoy a ghostly-themed escape room, fire pits and concessions.
The West Alexander Scare Fair is not recommended for children under 8.
Also, groups of 10 or more can reserve a fire pit with picnic tables to relax at, but make your reservations soon because they fill up fast! Groups of 10 or more get the fire pit for free as well as discounted tickets. Message the West Alexander Scare Fair on Facebook to reserve yours today!
Where to StayBack to Top of List
If you’re looking for some spooky entertainment this fall and are in need of a place to stay, consider these Washington County lodging options.
- HomeTowne Studios & Suites, located in Washington, PA, is just 10-minutes from the Scare Fair and offers guests amenities such as a pool, complimentary breakfast and high-speed internet
- Hotel RV, located in West Alexander, PA, is one of the newest lodging options in the region and welcomes guests for short and long term stays
- Red Roof Inn, located in Washington, PA, is a smoke-free facility located 10-minutes from the attraction that offers overnight guests with amenities such as free coffee, pet-friendly rooms and walkable dining options
- Ramada Inn, located in Washington, PA, is a locally-loved lodging option located 10-minutes from the event that offers guests an on-site restaurant, smoking rooms and flat screen TVs
Where to EatBack to Top of List
- Farmhouse Kitchen & Bakery, located in Claysville, PA, is a family-owned business that offers made-from-scratch meals and bake goods
- Creekwater Farms Scratch Kitchen, located in West Alexander, is a locally-owned business that offers meals from locally-sourced ingredients
- Kim’s Korner, located in Claysville, PA, is a small diner-like eatery which offers pizza, hoagies, pierogies and more
- Claysville Main Street Cafe, located in Claysville, PA, offers guests a “taste of home” with recipes straight from their family’s own cookbooks
Other ActivitiesBack to Top of List
- Washington County Machine Guns, located in West Alexander, PA, is a Veteran-owned business specializing in on-site machine gun rentals
- Fussy Rival Boutique, located in Claysville, PA, is a trendy, boho-style boutique that offers women’s and children’s clothing
- DNT Fireworks, located in West Alexander, PA, is a top-tier fireworks shop that offers everything from small sparklers to Grade-A firework displays
- Xtreme Cycle Outlet, located in Claysville, PA, offers a showroom full of ATVs, motorcycles, dirt bikes and more