“There's something that feels all-American about a county fair.”
The Washington County Agricultural Fair is Aug. 12-19 at the Washington County Fairgrounds. This annual event welcomes thousands of people, animals, and other homegrown and crafted goods for a week of fun, music, carnival rides, agricultural education, food and much more.
Celebrating its 225th anniversary this year as the longest running agricultural fair in Pennsylvania, the Washington County Agricultural Fair has some special activities planned. From an anniversary parade kicking off the event and a commemorative ticket with a photo booth to a performance by country music superstar Russell Dickerson and the demolition derbies, this year’s event will definitely be one to remember.
Where to StayBack to Top of List
If you’re planning on heading to the fairgrounds for this year’s event and are looking for lodging options, Washington County offers a variety of top-notch overnight accommodations.
- Hyatt Place Pittsburgh South/Hollywood Casino at the Meadows, connected to the casino and offers guests cozy quarters, options for fine dining and access to drinks and local brews
- DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton, a full-service hotel that offers live entertainment on the weekend
- Courtyard by Marriott, also located near Tanger Outlets Pittsburgh and the Hollywood Casino at the Meadows, this hotel offers guests a complimentary shuttle and breakfast
- Fairfield Inn & Suites, which is a contemporary-style hotel that offers an indoor pool and fitness center
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Washington-Meadowlands offers guests pillow top mattresses and express breakfast options
- Comfort Inn Meadowlands provides guests complimentary breakfast and a heated indoor pool
Where to EatBack to Top of List
If you’re spending your week at the fairgrounds and are craving something other than fair food, there are a variety of local eateries to satisfy even the pickiest eater. Here are some nearby options to consider.
- Shorty's Lunch - Wolfdale, which offers traditional diner food and locally famous hotdogs and fries with gravy
- Grande Jr Pizza Express, which offers traditional and specialty pizzas as well as other Italian grub
- Countryside Deli, which offers hot foods, a full-service deli, pizza and ice cream
- Hog Fathers BBQ, which offers award-winning barbeque and made-from-scratch sides
Other ActivitiesBack to Top of List
If you’re looking for other activities pre- and post-fair, the area around the event offers something for all ages.
- Ride the rails and learn about locomotive history at the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum. You can also park at the museum and ride an authentic trolley into the Washington County Agricultural Fair.
- Head to Tanger Outlets Pittsburgh for a shopping spree for the entire family
- Hit the slots or bowling lanes at the Hollywood Casino at the Meadows
- Shop for authentic western wear at Lowry’s Western Shop