About the EventBack to Top of List
The 40th Annual Houston Pumpkin Festival is a three day community tradition to be held October 13-15, 2023 in Houston, PA. The event is located at the American Legion Post #902 Picnic Grounds.
The festival features family-fun for all ages including; more than 175 food and craft vendors, music and entertainment, children's activities, a parade and contests. Admission into the festival is free. Proceeds from the festival benefit the Houston Volunteer Fire Department.
Where to StayBack to Top of List
If you’re planning on heading to the festival and are looking for local lodging options, the area offers a variety of top-notch overnight accommodations.
- Hyatt Place At the Hollywood Casino/Pittsburgh – Connected to Hollywood Casino at The Meadows by a covered walkway providing convenient access to the 24-hour casino and fine dining. The Parlay Lounge located inside the hotel features drinks and local brews.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Washington - Meadow Lands – Located just off Racetrack Road in the heart of the beautiful Washington-Meadowlands area, You’re less than one mile away from the Tanger Outlets, The Meadows Racetrack & Casino, Pennsylvania Trolley Museum & Washington County Fair Grounds. They also offer a free shuttle service to the local area.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington Casino Area – located south of Pittsburgh, this newly renovated hotel is just minutes from Southpointe Business Park, The Hollywood Racetrack & Casino, and Tanger Outlets. This contemporary limited-service hotel features 104 guest rooms, onsite restaurant/bar, indoor pool, fitness and business center and 1,200 square feet of meeting space.
Where to EatBack to Top of List
The festival offers more than 20 food vendors at the event; however, if you’re looking for additional dining options in the area, there are a variety of options to choose from.
- Voodoo Brewing Company — a family friendly, good vibes brewpub that provides local beer, wine and cocktails, as well a contemporary menu
- Shelly's Pike Inn —- A cherished old-school diner for those who crave the simple joys of a hearty breakfast, a satisfying lunch or a soul-warming dinner
- Jimmy Z’s — A cozy pizzeria with a few tables specializing in classic square pies, along with hoagies and stromboli.
- Helltown Taproom Houston — Offering craft beers, unique culinary creations and live music.
Other ActivitiesBack to Top of List
- Tanger Outlets Pittsburgh — an outdoor outlet mall offering more than 80 brand-name outlet stores including Saks Off 5th, Under Armor, H&M, Old Navy and Coach.
- West Pike Bowl — 20 Lane Bowling Center located in Canonsburg PA with a full bar/restaurant. Featuring daily bowling and bar specials
- Hollywood Casino at The Meadows — A standardbred harness-racing track and slot-machine casino which is located in North Strabane Township, Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Trolley Museum — A museum in Washington, Pennsylvania, dedicated to operation and preservation of streetcars and trolleys.